We’ve had a few clients that have contacted us to ask us how to pay their Corporation tax online. So we thought it would be a great idea to walk you through the process step-by-step!
1. Simply Type 'Pay corporation tax online' into google. Click the first link that appears which is titled 'Pay your Corporation Tax bill' https://www.gov.uk/pay-corporation-tax
2. You will then be taken a new page. Please click the on the pay 'by debit or corporate credit card online' option at the top of the page.
3. The link will take you to a page that gives you instructions on how to pay online. Once you have read the information and have got your Corporation Tax Payslip reference ready to type in, click the ‘pay online’ hyperlink.
4. You will then be directed to a payment page where you must enter your Corporation Tax payslip reference and the amount you need to pay.
5. To find out your Corporation Tax Payslip reference, you will ONLY find it on the letter from HMRC requesting you to complete a Corporation Tax return. It will be located on the payslip section at the bottom of the letter. Here is an example of the letter you will have received directly from HMRC.
5. Once you have entered your payslip reference number and the amount you need to pay, you will be directed to a payment page and will need to follow the subsequent instructions to complete the payment to HMRC.
Please note that you cannot pay your Corporation tax at the Post Office anymore.
You can also only use business credit cards. Personal credit cards will not be accepted.
You must pay your Self Assessment tax either:
- Via payslip (given to you at the bottom of your notice to complete a Corporation Tax return) with a cheque.